This quiz contains questions about well-known fantasy novels, young adult books, and stories about time. How many answers can you get?
Finish the line:
- “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to…” (Harry Potter)
- ‘One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them, one ring to bring them all, and…’ (The Lord of the Rings)
- “Happy Hunger Games. And may the odds ever be…” (The Hunger Games)
- ‘All children, except one, …’ (Peter Pan)
- “Don’t you know that everybody’s got a … of their own?” (Mary Poppins)
- ‘There was a boy called Eustace Clarence Scrubb, and he almost deserved it’ is the opening line of which classic children’s novel?
- “I write this sitting in the kitchen sink” is the opening line of which novel?
- What is the opening line of the hobbit?
- ‘It was a dark and stormy night’ is the opening line of which novel by Madeleine L’Engle?
- ‘It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen’ is the opening line of which 20th Century novel?
- What do Tolkien’s initials J. R. R. stand for?
- Which author wrote The Wizard of Earthsea?
- What was Lewis Carroll’s real name?
- Who wrote the novel Dragon Rider?
- Robert Galbraith is the pen name of which famous author?
- What is the fifth Harry Potter book called?
- What is the title of the Game of Thrones novel series?
- Name a novel by Mark Haddon containing the word ‘time’.
- Name Erin Morganstern’s first novel.
- Name a title by Ian McEwan that contains the word ‘time’.
- What is the name of the compass on The Northern Lights book cover by Philip Pullman?
- What are Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde’s first names?
- Name the five Divergent factions.
- Beowulf is a text written in what language?
- In which children’s fantasy novel does a girl named Ping appear?